What is Google and its history and development?, when did google come out?, when did google start?, What is Google, History, and Development, when was google created, when was google made public
At present, the first name that is heard as soon as one enters the world of the Internet is Google. Almost all people using the internet are aware of this name and use it in different ways, but very few people actually know what Google is. Actually, Google is a multinational technology company, which provides internet-related services and products to the people as a service. Its services include online advertising technology, search, cloud computing, software, hardware, etc.
History of Google
Google was founded in January 1996 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Not only this, both were studying PhD at Stanford University. At this time, both the PhD students had defined it in their research as a search engine, which was later named Google. The word Google comes from another word Googol. The concept behind this search engine was to make a comparison between two websites. In 1 ‘Googol’, 1 is followed by 100 zeros. Initially this search engine was used for Stanford University and was run under the official website of this university. Read how to create a website here.
When was Google Created? (Establishment of Google)
Google was initially funded by Andy Bechelsheim, one of the founders of Sun Microsystems. This funding was given to it when Google was not available in the market in any way and was not earning any money. Seeing its success, funding was again received from three more ‘angel investors’. These three angel investors were Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Stanford University science professor David Cheriton, and entrepreneur Ram Shriram. After such investments in late 1998 and early 1999, Google received funding of $25 million on July 7, 1999. Many investors were present in this funding. These major investors included venture capital firms Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Sequoia Capita.
In early 1999, Brin and Page together decided that they would sell a company called Excite to Google. He met the CEO of this company, George Bell and offered to sell it for $1 million, although George rejected the offer. Although Vinod Khosla, one of the main investors of Excite Company, brought the deal from $ 1 million to $ 750,000 million, George Bell still rejected it.
Information about Google (Information or facts about Google in Hindi)
Special things related to Google are as follows:
- Google’s IPO (initial public offering) was done in the year 2004. In this program, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Eric Schmidt decided that all three of them would work together for 20 years. Therefore, till 2024, these three will run Google company together.
- 19,605,052 offers were shared by Google in the IPO program. The price per share was kept at $85. The shares were sold online with the help of a server built by Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse.
- The sale of this share increased the market capitalization of Google Company to more than $23 billion. At present, there are 271 million shares under Google.
Progress of Google Company
Google is a company that has grown a lot in a very short time. Following are the various stages of its development.
- In March 1999, Google built its office in Palo Alto, California. At this time, many start-up companies were working here in Silicon Valley.
- In the year 2000, Google started the work of selling and promoting, in which keyword technology was used. Keyword advertising selling was first done for Goto.com. This website was a spin-off of Idealab, which was created by Bill Gross.
- In the year 2001, Google received a patent for its Page Rank mechanism. This patent was formally given to Stanford University, in which Lawrence Page was named as the inventor.
- In the year 2003, the company established its official complex at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California. This place is now known as Googleplex. The interior of Googleplex was designed by Cleve Wilkinson.
- In the year 2005, there was an increase of 700% in Google’s third-quarter profit. Similarly, in 2009 it was seen that more than 1 billion political searches were done every day in this search engine. In May 2011, the number of monthly Google visitors exceeded 1 billion for the first time. The figure here was 931 million in the year 2010.
- In the year 2012, Google earned 50 billion annually. This was the first time that Google could earn so much money in a year. By the end of the year 2012, it was seen that the company was increasing its profit by 8% per quarter and 36% in its total profit annually.
- In the year 2013, Google formed a company named Calico, which was associated with Apple Inc. This year, on September 27, Google celebrated the fifteenth anniversary of its company. In the year 2016, while celebrating the 18th anniversary of its company, Google released an animation named Doodle on its web browser, which was seen on Google web browsers around the world.
- Google is also currently working with organizations like many other companies like Facebook, Intel, and Microsoft. As of October 2016, Google has established approximately 70 offices in 40 countries around the world, where thousands of people are employed. Google is currently the most visited website in the world. Many other services like YouTube, Blogger, etc. are well run under Google. Read here about YouTube and how to earn money from it.
Where is the Google data center
As of 2016, Google has owned and still operates 9 data centers across the United States. Apart from this, 2 data centers have been prepared in Asia and 4 data centers in Europe. In December 2013, Google announced that such a data center would also be built in Hong Kong. In October 2013, the United States National Security Agency intercepted communications between Google data centers under a program called ‘Muscle’, because Google did not encrypt data within its network. After this, from the year 2013, Google started encrypting the data being sent to its data center.
Google’s smoothest data center runs at a temperature of 35 degrees centigrade. Its servers are often so hot that no one can stand here for more than a few moments. By 2011, Google had a total of 900,000 servers including all its data centers. This figure was based on energy use. However, Google has never disclosed how many servers it has in total.
In December, Google announced that from 2017 Google will use 100% renewable energy or never-ending energy for its data centers and offices. If this happens, Google will become the world’s largest company to use renewable energy. To run this company, a total of 2600 MW of electricity will be required, which will be met from electricity generated from solar energy and wind energy.
Google Search Engine:
Other features of Google may be less popular among the common people, but Google Engine is used by every internet user. This can be gauged from the fact that in the year 2009, Google was being used the most in the American market as compared to other search engines. Google’s share in the American market was 65.6%.
In 2003, the New York Times complained about Google’s indexing process. The New York Times said that Google’s ability to capture information for its website is against copyright practices. In this case, the District Court of the United States decided in favor of Google on the basis of Fields v. Google. Under the publication ‘The Hacker Quarterly’, a database of words was created, which could not be used by search engines under the technology of instant search.
In July 2010, Google updated its image search, based on Bing, to allow users to see thumbnails of images while streaming. In the year 2013, the news of the Humming Bird update came out in the Google search engine. Its arrival made it easier for the user that now he could search even in a common language without keeping in mind the keywords.
In August 2016, Google made two big announcements about this. The first announcement was to remove the term ‘mobile friendly’ from the Google search engine so that the highlighted pages can be easily understood on mobile and the second was that from January 2017, all those mobile pages will be removed which are of hidden intermediate type. Are. In May 2017, Google was going to introduce something like ‘Personal Tab’ in its search engine.
Google Consumer Services
Various types of services provided by Google for its users are described below. These services are mainly online services. Some services are known to the people, but some services remain untouched by the common people. All the services are being described here.
- Website based service (google website hosting services)
Google has started many types of web-based services for its users. Gmail for email, Google Calendar for time management, Google Maps for navigation, satellite imagery and mapping, Google Drive for cloud storage, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides for productivity, Google Photos for photo storage and sharing, Google Keep for note-taking process, Google Translator for language translation, YouTube for watching and sharing videos, Google Plus, Allo, Duo as social sites.
- Service based on software (service software google)
Google has created the Android mobile operating system. Using this system, almost all mobile companies manufactured and traded smartphones. Along with this, Google made many things like smartwatches, smart televisions, etc. Google Chrome made by Google is quite popular among browsers. Its other web browser is Chrome OS.
- Hardware-based service (google hardware products list)
- In January 2010, Google released a smartphone called the Nexus One under the Nexus brand. In the year 2016, the name of this brand was changed to Pixel. Its other hardware-related services are described below.
- Year 2011: Chromebook was launched as a new type of computer. This computer worked under Chrome OS.
- In the year 2013, Google invented a dongle called Chromecast. With the help of this dongle, a user could play the content contained in his mobile phone on TV.
- In June 2014, Google announced Google Cardboard. Using it one could enjoy virtual reality media. In April 2016, it was reported that Google had appointed Rick Osterlow, previously president of Motorola Mobility, to run its hardware division.
- After this, many hardware-related things of Google were launched. At this time Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones, Google Home, Daydream View virtual reality headset, and Google WiFi were launched.
Internet Service Provider (Google Internet Service)
- In the month of February 2010, Google announced the Google Fiber Project. So that ultra high-speed internet facility can be made available to more and more people. Under this network, there was a plan to provide internet facilities to 50,000 – 500,000 people.
- Later, this project was handed over to Google’s ‘Alphabet INC’. In April 2015, Google announced ‘Project Fi’. It was a mobile network operator that could use Wi-Fi and cellular signals simultaneously so that users could get high-speed internet access.
- In September 2016, Google decided to install public Wi-Fi at major railway stations in India. Through this project of Google, about 3.5 million people avail internet services in India every month. By December of this year, this facility was implemented at 100 major railway stations in India. This number is going to increase further.
Controversy on Google (criticism of Google)
- This company has come under criticism from many people due to its huge growth in a very short period of time. The allegations of many people have also turned out to be true. The things for which Google has been criticized the most are excessive tax avoidance, neutrality search, copyright, censorship, and gender discrimination. Although Google has registered its name among the five largest companies in America, it is the company paying the lowest tax among these five companies.
- Google is also accused of paying less money to its women employees than men. In this way, many types of questions have been raised on Google.
Unknown truths about Google (facts about Google company in Hindi)
- Internationally, Google has offices in 40 countries. Many work of product research and development operations are also done under these offices. Google map development work is done in Sydney and Android development work is done in London.
- In November 2013, Google planned to build a new Google Headquarters in London. Its campus was spread over 1 million square feet, in which 4,500 employees could work. Plans for a new headquarters were submitted to Camden Council in June 2017. If this plan is approved, then a roof garden, swimming pool, games area for sports, etc. will be built inside this campus.
- In May 2015, Google decided to build its campus in Hyderabad, India. If this campus is built in Hyderabad, then this campus will be the largest campus of Google outside America. At least 13,000 people will get employment on this campus.
- Google celebrates almost all the festivals around the world and the birthdays and death anniversaries of all the great people in a unique way on its browser, which people like a lot.
- Therefore, the hard work of many people is involved in the creation, operation, etc. of Google which we use on our mobile. Most of today’s youth dream of working in Google.
- Actually, after seeing the glory and prosperity of Googleplex, any person would like to work in this company, but getting a job here is not easy. This is a multinational company, hence it is possible to get a job here only after a high-profile education.